Avenue English is a dynamic English language school in the world class African city of Johannesburg, ensuring personal attention to all our students at all times. We have a team of highly motivated, qualified and experienced staff. We choose our teachers not only on their exemplary qualifications but also on their personalities and dedication to our students well-being.
Our classes are fun, innovative and dynamic. Classes are cosmopolitan with students from Africa, South America, Asia and Europe. Classes have a maximum class size of 10. Avenue English is well-equipped for students to enjoy and make the most of their stay in Johannesburg. We offer Wi-Fi, excellent parking facilities, an outdoor terrace and garden area to relax during break times and refreshment facilities. Social activities are organized on a regular basis.
Our courses can be started on ANY Monday. Every candidate has to do a placement test on or before arrival at the school, so we can assess their current level of English and place them in the appropriate level.
- General English
- General English Plus
- Private tuition
- Business English
- Exam preparation
- Talk, Talk conversation group
- English and travel experiences
Why Avenue English in Johannesburg?
- We are a small school offering personal service
- We are a member of Edusa – the language school standards and accreditation body in South Africa
- Each learner has a private tutorial mid-course
- Our location is extremely central, safe and close to Melrose Arch, in the Northern suburbs
- Our school environment is a house, which is warm and friendly
- Two different teachers teach a group: pre and after tea. This allows for different input
- Our course start dates are flexible
- “Talk, Talk” classes are held twice weekly, which focuses specifically on students’ communicative skills, and allows them to interact with students other than their classmates
Contact Avenue English
Address: 154 Corlett Drive, Bramley