Family-owned and managed, Bay Language Institute is situated in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Small classes, a warm, welcoming environment, and experienced, dedicated teachers ensure that your learning experience is everything it should be.
While our first priority is to ensure that you achieve your language-learning goals, there is plenty to see and do in your leisure time. The beach is close by (for those lazy summer afternoons) and shops, restaurants and banks, surf, dive and golf schools are just ten to twenty-five minutes away – on foot or by bike. Our city and region will spoil you for choice – the world’s highest bungy, museums and art galleries, cultural encounters in remote rural villages, African wildlife, whale and dolphin-watching, or star-gazing, cheetah tracking & amazing views in the Karoo.
It’s all here – a welcoming environment, great teachers, adventure, beautiful beaches and nature – for a wonderfully different English language learning experience in Africa.
- Amazing wildlife viewing in wonderful national parks and private reserves, all malaria-free
- Natural diversity – the semi-desert Karoo, the Wild Coast, the Tsitsikamma forests and the Garden Route
- Lots of adventure and other activities, from skydiving, snorkelling, scuba, sandboarding, zip lining, segway, horseriding on the beach, bungy-jumping, hiking, surfing, paragliding, paintball, ocean kayaking and more
- 100 metres from sandy beaches, with all amenities a short walk away
- Family-owned and managed
- Small classes
- Personal, friendly service
- Department of Higher Education & Training
- South African Civil Aviation Authority
- Quality Council for Trades & Occupations
20 lessons per week
General English Plus
30 lessons per week
English Out There: a combination of classroom teaching with daily excursions and activities, creating opportunities for natural language learning.
Executive Business: our unique English communications coaching programme for executive level business people.
Cambridge FCE, CAE and CPE
TOEFL and IELTS
English for aviation
CAA accredited English Language Proficiency assessment for aviation
ELP Rater training courses
TEFL teacher training
An excellent, practice-oriented teacher training course
Where to stay
Live with one of our carefully-selected, English-speaking host families or join the fun in our student residence just 700 metres from the school.
About Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is a welcoming, friendly city, and offers easy access to the Garden Route, the Karoo and Wild Coast regions. It has a strong tradition of English education, and with a number of aviation schools in the immediate vicinity, offers excellent opportunities for combining English and aviation training.
Contact Bay Language School
Location: Port Elizabeth
Address: 8 Scarborough Street, Summerstrand