Bay Language Institute is situated on the shores of the Indian Ocean in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Our intimate classes, warm and welcoming environment, and experienced, caring teachers ensure that you derive maximum benefit from your learning experience.
We know that you’re here to improve your language skills; however, learning without having some fun and exploring what’s on offer just isn’t the same. There is so much to see and do in your leisure time: beautiful sandy beaches close by (for those lazy summer afternoons), shops and restaurants around the corner, and surf, dive and golf schools just ten to twenty-five minutes away on foot. Our city and region will spoil you for choice – the world’s highest bungy, museums and art galleries, cultural encounters in remote rural villages, African wildlife, whale and dolphin-watching, or star-gazing, cheetah tracking & fossil-hunting in the Karoo.
It’s all here – a welcoming environment, great teachers, adventure, beautiful beaches and nature – for a wonderfully different English language learning experience in Africa.
- an average of five students per class, maximum of eight
- friendly, personal attention & service
- situated on the bay in Port Elizabeth, with all amenities a short walk away
- beautiful beaches 100m from the school
- free wi-fi
- a great range of activities and excursions:
- African wildlife and nature, with national parks and reserves between 20 and 50 minutes away – including Addo Elephant National Park
- outdoor and adventure activities
- accredited aviation training
- South African Civil Aviation Authority: Aviation Training Organisation 0373
- General English – 20 lessons per week
- General English Plus – 30 lessons per week
- Executive courses – English Out There: a combination of classroom teaching with daily excursions and activities, creating opportunities for natural language learning.
- Executive Business – our unique English communications coaching programme for executive level business people.
- Examination preparation – Cambridge FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL and IELTS
- English for aviation – CAA accredited English Language Proficiency assessment for aviation and ELP Rater training courses
- TEFL teacher training – An excellent, practice-oriented teacher training course
Live with one of our carefully-selected, English-speaking host families or join the fun in our student residence just 700 metres from the school.
About Port Elizabeth
Port Elizabeth is a welcoming, friendly city, and offers easy access to the Garden Route, the Karoo and Wild Coast regions. It has a strong tradition of English education, and with a number of aviation schools in the immediate vicinity, offers excellent opportunities for combining English and aviation training.
Contact Bay Language School
Location: Port Elizabeth
Address: 8 Scarborough Street, Summerstrand