Welcome to EC Cape Town’s new home at the Foreshore! You are now in the perfect location to learn English with state-of-the-art technology, volunteer, do an internship and make friends with the world!
EC Cape Town has been operating for over 13 years in the ever-changing landscape that is the language school/tourism industry in South Africa. Our 12 classrooms are all equipped with interactive whiteboards and wi-fi to ensure that the learning experience is of the highest quality. It is these standards that make it possible for us to be a Cambridge Exam testing centre. Classes cater for an average of 12 students (low season) and a maximum of 15 (high season) and students come from Africa, Europe, the Middle East, South America and Asia. Our motto is simple: Give your best, do your best, be the best. We keep our students motivated, engaged and inspired with a variety of English courses and a vibrant social programme that ensures balanced learning.
So, what is stopping YOU from experiencing what many others have already fallen in love with; this hidden gem at the southern tip of the great African continent.
Why EC Cape Town?
- Interactive and communicative teaching approach
- Free wi-fi throughout the building
- 10 computer portals for students
- Library facilities provide reading and listening resources
- Free classes every day – grammar, reading, pronunciation, writing and conversation
- Free social activities include a city tour, mountain hikes, beach volleyball and soccer
- Personalised tutorials for Academic Year students
- English and safari
- Become a volunteer
- Do an internship programme
- Become an ambassador
English language courses at EC Cape Town
- General English – 20 or 30 lessons
- Intensive English – 30 lessons
- English for Work – 30 lessons
- Academic Semester – 20 lessons
- Intensive Academic Semester – 30 lessons
- Cambridge Intensive Exam Prep
- One-to-one lessons
- IELTS Intensive Exam Prep – 30
- Minimum age: 16
- Students under 18 must book a homestay and require a parental consent form.
- 1 lesson: 45 minutes
- Minimum stay: 1 week
- Class size: Average 12 (max 14)
- Timetable: Lessons start in the morning
Students can stay at one of carefully-selected, homestays with half or full board and a shared bathroom or superior and private bathroom. Or students can stay in one of two student residences with self-catering facilities.
Student Ambassador Programme
Students who are engaged and pro-active in class and who are looking to improve their CV and gain valuable work experience can apply to become an EC Student Ambassador.
EC Cape Town is proud to offer a special internship program for students looking to gain invaluable business English experience at a South African company, school or NGO. Experience can be gain in areas such as finance, tourism, media, law, hotel industry, social work, tourism and environmental protection.
Contact EC Cape Town
Location: Cape Town
Address: 75 Church Street, Cape Town