Welcome to EC Cape Town’s new home at the Foreshore! You are now in the perfect location to learn English with state-of-the-art technology, volunteer, do an internship and make friends with the world!
EC Cape Town has been operating for over 13 years in the ever-changing landscape that is the language school/tourism industry in South Africa. Our 12 classrooms are all equipped with interactive whiteboards and wi-fi to ensure that the learning experience is of the highest quality. It is these standards that make it possible for us to be a Cambridge Exam testing centre. Classes cater for an average of 12 students (low season) and a maximum of 15 (high season) and students come from Africa, Europe, the Middle East, South America and Asia. Our motto is simple: Give your best, do your best, be the best. We keep our students motivated, engaged and inspired with a variety of English courses and a vibrant social programme that ensures balanced learning.
So, what is stopping YOU from experiencing what many others have already fallen in love with; this hidden gem at the southern tip of the great African continent.
Why EC Cape Town?
- Interactive and communicative teaching approach
- Free wi-fi throughout the building
- 10 computer portals for students
- Library facilities provide reading and listening resources
- Free classes every day – grammar, reading, pronunciation, writing and conversation
- Free social activities include a city tour, mountain hikes, beach volleyball and soccer
- Personalised tutorials for Academic Year students
- English and safari
- Become a volunteer
- Do an internship programme
- Become an ambassador
English language courses at EC Cape Town
- General English – 20 lessons/week
- Intensive English – 30 lessons/week
- English for work – 30 lessons per week
- English in the city – 30 lessons/week
- Academic Semester – 20 or 30 lessons/week
- Cambridge Exam preparation – 30 lessons per week
- IELTS Exam preparation – 30 lessons/week
- One-to-One – minimum 2 lessons/week
Where to stay
Students can stay at one of carefully-selected, homestays with half or full board and a shared bathroom or superior and private bathroom. Or students can stay in one of two student residences with self-catering facilities.
About Cape Town
In 2014 the New York Times named Cape Town the best place to visit in the world; and once you have seen its natural beauty, you will understand why. Where in the world do you have a mountain overlooking the city centre, which is also a few minutes away from the ocean? Cape Town has everything and more for any visitor. There is the cosmopolitan, yet laidback feel of the city, the creative film, art and design industry, and as if that wasn’t enough, Cape Town offers a mystical beauty that seduces you within the first hour of landing. This is the backdrop for EC Cape Town and our new location in the heart of the Mother City.
Contact EC Cape Town
Location: Cape Town
Address: 42 Hans Strijdom Avenue, Foreshore