IH Cape Town is part of the IH World Organisation, a group of 150 language schools in over 50 countries, teaching English to both foreign and local students. The school offers a wide range of English courses including; Standard, Intensive, Private lessons, Business English, Exam preparation, Aviation English, English for Specific Purposes (including Oil & Gas) in addition to the University of Cambridge accredited CELTA teacher training course.
IH Cape Town is located in Sea Point, which allows students to explore the great tourist attractions, socialize with fellow students and experience the local culture. Sea Point is a bustling 24-hour cosmopolitan area with many shops, restaurants, clubs, internet cafes and coffee bars.
The school offers numerous facilities including, free wi-fi, a tours desk, library, business centre, free online English courses, an active social programme, outside deck and barbeque area. All teachers are CELTA qualified and the staff is very well trained and will ensure that students receive the best possible service to ensure a memorable and rewarding experience.
English language courses at International House Cape Town
- General and Intensive English (beginner to advanced levels)
- Exam Preparation
- Business English
- English for Specific Purposes
- Private tuition (one-to-one lessons)
- FCE, CAE and CPE
English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- English for Aviation (courses and exams)
- Legal English
- English for the Oil and Gas Industries
- English for Secretaries
- English for Nursing and Healthcare
- CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
University pathway/foundation course
- Kaplan University Pathway programme – guaranteed admission into UK and Australian universities
Accredited test centre
- South Africa Civil Aviation
- Occupational English Test [OET]
Other information about IH Cape Town
- A wide range of accommodation options including economy, superior, self-catering, hotel, guest houses and homestay.
- All accommodation is situated within walking distance from the school.
- IH Cape Town offers various extensive volunteering programmes, which encompass working with wildlife, environmental and community projects.
- Courses start every Monday, with a placement test to determine students’ levels. Students need to present their passport on arrival.
- Our weekly social programme hosted by the ih Cape Town staff is diverse, interesting and more importantly fun. Activities include soccer, volleyball on the beach, games nights, walks on Lions Head, cooking classes, surfing and nights out to clubs and restaurant.
- Young Learner programmes are offered for mini groups, family groups and school groups.
Contact International House Cape Town
Location: Cape Town
Address: 1st Floor, 5 Regent Road, Sea Point