IH Cape Town is part of the IH World Organisation, a group of 150 language schools in over 50 countries, teaching English to both foreign and local students.
The school offers a wide range of English courses including Standard, Intensive, Business, Private lessons, Exam preparation and many English courses for specific purposes.
All our English courses include one hour of Personal Study Programme (PSP) every day in a dedicated learning space. PSP is an opportunity for students to focus on their individual English needs, and reach personal goals more quickly, without the expense of 1:1 tuition. With the guidance of teachers, students choose what they want to work on, from a wide range of print and online resources.
IH Cape Town is located in Sea Point, which allows students to explore the great tourist attractions, socialize with fellow students and experience the local culture. Sea Point is a bustling 24-hour cosmopolitan area with many shops, restaurants, clubs, internet cafes and coffee bars.
The school offers free wi-fi, a tours desk and an active social programme. We have a library, a PSP area and relaxing roof top terrace with space to barbeque. All teachers are CELTA qualified and the staff is very well trained and will ensure that students receive the best possible service to have a memorable and rewarding experience.
English language courses at International House Cape Town
- General and Intensive English (beginner to advanced levels)
- Exam Preparation
- Business English
- English for Specific Purposes
- Private tuition (one-to-one lessons)
- English & Safari
- English & Volunteering
- 50 Plus
- FCE, CAE and CPE
English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- English for Aviation (courses and exams)
- Legal English
- English for the Oil and Gas Industries
- English for Secretaries
- English for Nursing and Healthcare
- English for Real Estate
- CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
Accredited test centre
- South Africa Civil Aviation
- Occupational English Test [OET]
Other information about IH Cape Town
- A wide range of accommodation options including dorm, single and twin rooms in our student house and self-catering hotel as well as homestay. All options are in walking distance from the school.
- IH Cape Town offers various extensive volunteering programmes, which encompass working with wildlife, environmental and community projects.
- Courses start every Monday with a placement test to assess students’ levels.
- Our weekly social programme hosted by the IH Cape Town staff is diverse, interesting and more importantly fun. Activities include sunset cruises, beach volleyball, Lion’s Head hikes, surfing and nights out to clubs and restaurants.
- Young Learner programmes are offered for mini groups, family groups and school groups.
Contact International House Cape Town
Location: Cape Town
Address: 1st Floor, 5 Regent Road, Sea Point